Mei architects and planners is looking for an enthusiastic and talented 3D visualizer and digital designer to join our young and international team of professionals. Do you have excellent design and presentation skills, and would you like to contribute to our award-winning architecture? Then Mei is definitely looking for you!
Our ideal candidate:
- Creates high-end images to showcase our architectural designs;
- Has a good understanding of efficient working processes and smart solutions;
- Feels at home in a dynamic and energetic work environment;
- Is a team player with good communicative skills;
- Has an eye for modelling, composition, colours, textures, lightning and storytelling for architectural design;
- Loves 3D, CGI and has a passion for visualizing the unbuilt;
- Has an in-depth knowledge of Sketchup (+ plug-ins!), Enscape, VRay and Adobe CC;
- Knowledge of After Effects, Blender, and Unreal Engine is a plus;
- Is interested in researching the field of virtual and augmented reality, to bring our visual and digital designs to the next level.
To give you an idea about our current work, here are some representative examples from our 3D and visualisation department. However, we want to challenge you to bring in your talent!
What we offer:
At Mei, you get the chance to develop your skills to a higher level and research new ways to communicate architectural projects. This job offers lots of flexibility and freedom, allowing you to grow rapidly as a professional by working on exceptional projects that make you proud. We regularly organize Mei Academy training courses, project excursions, drinks, and parties – making it easy to bond with your colleagues on personal and professional level.
On the more practical side: Mei provides you with all IT resources you need to do your job. Depending on experience, your pay rate will be between 2.729 and 3.510 euros (based on full-time employment). Working terms of employment according to the collective labour agreement for architectural firms apply.
About Mei architects and planners
Mei architects and planners is an internationally operating and award-winning architectural firm, based in Rotterdam. Robert Winkel is the founder of Mei and energetic foreman of a growing, driven, young and international team of approximately 50 professionals. Our culture is characterized as social, informal, hard working, open and ambitious. Everyone amongst us participates equally and there is plenty of room for personal initiative.
Mei is known for several ambitious projects on different scales and is praised for redevelopment projects such as Fenix I and the Kaaspakhuis in Gouda, and appealing new-build projects, such as the Schiecentrale 4B and the McDonald’s pavilion in Rotterdam. With one of our latest projects, the all-wood residential building SAWA in Rotterdam, Mei proves to be a pioneer in the field of future-proof, sustainable, and nature-inclusive housing. On urban planning level, Mei specializes in complex urban district and redevelopment projects and designs dynamic master plans for, among others, the former Silk Factory in Naro-Fominsk and Kabeldistrict in Delft.